Saturday, August 16, 2014

Finally

Not too much to write about today. It was our last small day trip, this time to Lübeck. I've been here before, but like it very much and still have things I wanted to see. I've never been able to get into Marienkirche because every time I was there it was closed. Today I got in and that in and of itself was worth the day trip. I got to see the fallen bells, the two organs, the old altars and sculptures everywhere. It was amazing and I will need to come back to go in again because I went on overload. After the tour I had a nice lunch and we went back to the hotel. We had a group dinner and then there was this group award thingy. Everyone got some silly award and each time a name was called we were supposed to do the first phrase of the Buxtehude piece we did, in parts, on kazoo. Anyone who knows me and how I feel about such nonsensical junk can imagine how this went down in my books so I won't elaborate. I survived it, but I really don't see why people like goofy crap like that. When this was done, it was one more trip to the grocery store to load up on chocolate, then back to the hotel to repack and get ready to leave. I'm already working on some final reflections but that will be saved for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment