Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lighten up!

I have heard it said that one of the marks of an experienced traveler is one who can travel light. I must be on my way to becoming this, since every year my load gets lighter. This year, I weighed in around 26 pounds in one carryon-sized bag which I checked as well as a small backpack to carry on. This is quite an improvement of the first year I went….. All 49 pounds of who knows what crammed in a very large suitcase on wheels. If I recall correctly,. I packed enough stuff so that I would have a new outfit every day. I had well over 20 shirts, 4 or 5 skirts, several pairs of pants, 3 pairs of pajamas, etc. etc. Seriously, what was I thinking? Now, being older and wiser (well, older anyway) I have learned to lighten up and have discovered the simple joys of laundry in the sink. I brought only about 1/3 of the clothes this time, and 3 times the music. It’s all about priorities…..

No comments:

Post a Comment